Whenever you feel like you need a delicious drink, try making a blackberry margarita.
For the lime sugar:
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 3 limes
For the blackberry puree:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- juice of 1/2 lime
For the margarita:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 limes
- To prepare the blackberry puree first get a saucepan. Combine the sugar, blackberries, and lime juice in the pan. Let them cook together with a lid on for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, get a fine strainer and strain the mixture. You should also press the blackberries to get more liquid out of them.
- Put the puree in the fridge.
- Next, you need to make the lime sugar. Combine the lime zest and sugar. Go over the rim of the margarita glass with a slice of lime.
- Put the lime sugar in a plate and dip the rim of the glass in.
- To make the blackberry margarita you will need a blender. Fill it with 1 cup tequila, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup triple sec, and juice of 1 lime.
- Add ice, then start blending. Pulse until all ingredients are blended.
- To finish off you should add 1/3 to 1/2 cup blackberry puree. Divide the drink between 4 margarita glasses.