You Might Want to Think Twice Before Eating  Soft Serve Ice Cream

Ice cream
Photo by Dylan Ferreira on Unsplash

Who doesn’t love soft-serve ice cream? It’s refreshing, tasty, light, not too cold, and looks amazing. But you might want to think twice next time you decide to eat soft serve. Here is why.

Soft Serve Machines are Easily Contaminated

If not cleaned properly and frequently, soft serve machines can quickly become contaminated with bacteria. But the cleaning process is more than simple, which is why many places tend to do it irregularly.

Soft Serve Mixture Spoils Easily

Even if the soft serve machine is spotless, soft serve ice cream can still make you sick if the soft serve mixture goes bad. Due to its nature, the mixture has to remain below 40F at all times, and even if the temperature goes up for a short period, the natural bacteria inside will quickly spread.

Soft Serve Can Trigger Lactose Intolerance Symptoms

Soft serve is known to trigger lactose intolerance symptoms more quickly than other dairy products. This is due to its high lactose content, which goes up to six grams.

Soft Serve Isn’t That Healthy

Just like most ice creams, soft serve is packed with sugar and isn’t healthy. This is especially the case with soft serves that feature added ingredients for a more robust flavor.